Licenses & Registrations
Workplace Safety and Health Co-Ordinator
Workplace Safety and Health Co-Ordinator's Application Form
List of Registered WSH Co-Ordinator
List of Registered Workplace Safety and Health (WSH) Co-Ordinators (Last updated: 23 January 2023)
Criteria for Approval of WSH Co-Ordinator
The criteria for approval to act as a WSH Co-Ordinator shall be, but not limited to the following:
- who is at least 21 years old;
- must be a Brunei Citizen, Permanent Resident or a person to whom an Employment Pass (employed by the company) has been issued;
- must possess a minimum qualification in the form of a relevant HSE Training Course. The relevant HSE Training Courses that are recognised are as follows:
- Institution of Occupational Safety (IOSH) - Managing Safely;
- National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health Award (NEBOSH); and
- Other qualifications and practical qualifications which in the Authority's opinion renders him/her competent to act as a WSH Co-Ordinator.
- must be sufficiently competent and a fit and proper person to carry out the work of the Workplace Safety and Health Co-Ordinator;
- must possess at least two (2) years of practical experience relevant to the work to be performed by a WSH Co-Ordinator e.g. construction, health and safety officer, etc.; and
- may have to attend an interview at SHENA for further assessment on their suitability to be a WSH Co-Ordinator.
Procedure for Applicants
All applicants are required to submit the following documents only:
- Completed WSH Co-Ordinator Form
- One passport-sized photo (must be taken within the last three months with white background) of the nominated WSH Co-Ordinator;
- Recent resume of applicant highlighting practical experience relevant to the work to be performed by a WSH Co-Ordinator;
- Copy of NRIC/Passport of the nominated WSH Co-Ordinator; and
- Copy of qualifications such as NEBOSH Award, IOSH Certificate or its equivalent and other Certificates.
- Incomplete applications will be automatically rejected.
- Please be informed that there are currently no fees imposed under the law for applications for WSH Co-Ordinator until further notice.
- All applications shall be submitted to the SHENA WSH CO-ORDINATOR general email at firstname.lastname@example.org (soft copy only). Any other methods of submission will not be entertained.
How long it takes
Up to 8 weeks, after you submit all required documents